Old 9th May 2010, 15:05   #1
Tcastello

Windows7 64bit wont load new skins.

My issue is with loading skins in Win7(64). If I have winamp modern, or any of the factory Bento skins active when I go to download a skin it reverts winamp to the winamp classic skin. If I go to the skin directory through the winamp skin loading feature none of the skins that I had downloaded are even on the list. I have also gone to the button that says change skin directory and the directory that is chosen is correct but none of the skins that I downloaded are there. Please help fix this issue.
Tcastello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 15:20   #2
Tcastello

Okay so I tried to download the skins through IE8.0.7600... and it loaded it up fine and lists it in the skin browser. Even though it is a manual work around to a point it would still be nice to have the feature in the winamp program work correctly for me. If you know of a fix for this please respond.
Thank you.
Tcastello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 17:46   #3
Dingbaticus

I too am having the same problem with my Win7 64bit. Please advise what the solution is and when will this be fixed in Winamp?
Cheers!
Dingbaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 22:25   #4
vincentphoto

Windows 7 64bit Skins Won't Install

I searched the forums but did not find an answer to this problem but found out by accident the method that works. Don't try to install the skin from your download directory. Move the .wal file into your Winamp skins directory then install. It worked for me
vincentphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 23:36   #5
nstalker

I am also having this issue and the method vincentphoto suggested did work for me
nstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
skin loading, skin loading problems, skins, windows 7 skin wont load, wont load skins