Old 16th November 2001, 19:04   #1
missyob
Angel of Winamp

When will all this end?

Currently, Atlanta airport has been evacuated due to a security breach. A man ran through security and they can not find him. The news is not saying what the breach is ~ They are just saying he did not have a gun. No flights in/out of the airport. They have also closed some of the roads in the area. I have to go to work later, and am going to have to take a different way. When will all this craziness end?

I dislike living in such fear.

~ Missy
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2001, 19:08   #2
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
This type of stuff happenned before the whole WTC incident. It's just happenning a little more often now. It's like the school shootings. One thing happens, and ten more people copy it. After the hype dies down, everything goes back to normal. Just give it time.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2001, 19:08   #3
Anacific
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Anacific
I don't think it's gonna end any time soon

"He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence." - William Blake
WSPA | WWF | RSPCA | AAPA | Green Peace - Know and help...
The Rainforest Site | The Animal Rescue Site - Click and help...
Anacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2001, 19:10   #4
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Thanks Curious_George. I really appreciate the positive words. I really need some encouragement now.

I was just posting earlier in a different thread that I have not been watching the news for this very reason. So, I turned on the tv for a second, and the news of all of this is on every local station.

~ Missy
Old 16th November 2001, 19:25   #5
Ra1nMaker

I understand your concern Missy! But things are getting so out of hand it's crazy. People I know are saying they're not going to get on planes and travel anywhere. This seems mad to me. Realistically the likelyhood of anything happening like that again is so minute, people seem to be over reacting. My Grandma is flying to NZ for Christmas to visit family. She turned 80 this year and has recently started to show her age abit more. She only flies out to see them every 5-6years. She getting no younger, and reality says this may be her last opportunity to visit them. The family out in NZ said, she should stay at home where she'd be safe. It made me so mad, I just wanted to phone them and tell them, anyone can walk out they're front door and get hit by a bus. The odds in my mind are the same. I really annoys me people blowing Airport and Aircraft security out of all proportion. Anyway my Grandma has decided that whatever, she is going to fly to NZ. I just wish people would stop stirring the bee hive. Sadly the media seem to not want to let it rest. Heres hoping soon. For my sanity at least!
Sorry for rant!
Ra1nMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2001, 19:32   #6
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by Ra1nMaker
anyone can walk out they're front door and get hit by a bus
True that. You can fall out of bed and break your neck. I don't understand people who get super-worked up about stuff. Plane travel isn't any less safe than it was on Sept. 10, or Sept. 14, for that matter.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

Old 16th November 2001, 19:45   #7
NuLoser

It's all a placebo. Plane travel is pretty safe, and just as safe in not safer as before September 11th without Congress or the FAA changing restrictions. The whole point of this charade is to make people feel better. The terrorists have moved on and most likely planning their next attack, which has nothing to do with airplanes. Too much time and resources are being spent to cover out tracks instead of finding out what is coming next.
Old 16th November 2001, 19:51   #8
rumokeenme

Send a message via ICQ to rumokeenme Send a message via AIM to rumokeenme Send a message via Yahoo to rumokeenme
Re: When will all this end?

Quote:
Originally posted by missyob
Then don't! I mean.. you don't have to.

Try not to.
rumokeenme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2001, 23:20   #9
Huehuetenango
Forum King

i hated flying before, i don't think i'm ever going to get on a plane again (i'm exagerating)

we dont' have to live in this fear
no one is going to use the same method again, as missy's experience shows, security is far tighter now
hell, a friend of mine, her dad's COFFEE CUP was checked at an airport yesterday

and missy, dont' let the fear control your life. Live as you would have before, just keep in mind that you should (and i know this is cliiched, but it's true)cherish every day.
Huehuetenango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2001, 23:25   #10
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I see smoking turbans on the horizan...

It will only end when Dubya is satisfied that when the "cancer of Islam" * has been eradicated from the planet.

*(Originally said by Queen Isabella during the Reconquista of Granada 1482-1492)
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2001, 23:34   #11
crazydude999
Banned

Re: When will all this end?

Quote:
Originally posted by missyob
Currently, Atlanta airport has been evacuated due to a security breach. A man ran through security and they can not find him. The news is not saying what the breach is ~ They are just saying he did not have a gun. No flights in/out of the airport. They have also closed some of the roads in the area. I have to go to work later, and am going to have to take a different way. When will all this craziness end?

~ Missy

probably not in awhile...
crazydude999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2001, 00:03   #12
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Re: I see smoking turbans on the horizan...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
It will only end when Dubya is satisfied that when the "cancer of Islam" * has been eradicated from the planet.

*(Originally said by Queen Isabella during the Reconquista of Granada 1482-1492)
George Bush has never had any plans to eradicate Islam. It's really irresponsible to say things like that. You know that statement was unjustified.

Old 17th November 2001, 01:05   #13
Bilbo Baggins

YOu notice that i atrributed the quote to its proper source
Old 17th November 2001, 04:26   #14
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
i cant think of anyone i'd rather sit next to on a plane than a nullsoft/ex nullsoft employee. they badass plus, do you think that anyone would take shit from a hijacker? hell no. we'd ownz0r them.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2001, 04:53   #15
missyob
Angel of Winamp

I just got home from work, and I appologize for this thread. I heard the news, and over reacted a little.

I do not live every waking moment in the clutches of fear, dont get me wrong, I just got real upset at what happend today. Monday it was the other plane crash when I was in the airport, and today it was the security breach in Atlanta. Lately it seems that life is not as carefree as it once was.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I am much more relaxed, and again, I am sorry for overreacting.

Have a good night everyone, you are all a great group of people.

I really appreciate all of you

~ Missy
Old 17th November 2001, 06:14   #16
BigStarPlaya

I just heard that they found the guy. He was with his son and Uncle. They were on there way to the game and he left his camera bag at the front so he ran back to grab it but didn't get all the way there before he turned back around and jetted down the escalater. He ran through security because he had just came through it and didn't think he needed to go through it again. He is facing many federal charges and more charges are gonna be put on him tomorrow.
BigStarPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2001, 13:46   #17
Nabeel
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nabeel
Re: I see smoking turbans on the horizan...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins

if THAT is when it will end, it will NEVER END.
tag it however u want it, cancer or anything else, it will NEVER be eradicated.

and no i'm no extremist.
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2001, 14:03   #18
Bilbo Baggins

I didn't tag it as a cancer though did I. Some Spanish zealot did that.

I personally think that the USA shoudl pull out of Afghanistan, and conider deeply why the Middle East hate it so much.
Old 17th November 2001, 14:14   #19
Nabeel
Major Dude

bilbo i'm sorry if my post came across to you in a personal way. my bad.
it's just that these days, specially after the sept 11 thingy ppl tend to blame it all on ISLAM and that fuckin' sets me on fire. cuz that is NOT what ISLAM is. that is NOT what ISLAM teaches, whatever the taliban were doing, they used the name of ISLAM. i don't care if the US sticks whaeva missiles up their fu*kin' asses, cuz they deserve it, what i term as grief is the fact the SEVERAL "INNOCENT" ppl were killed, both in the states and in afghanistan.
and BCUZ of this afghanistan issue, riots have started in Pakistan.
WHY ?!?!? why all this ?!?! upto WHEN !??!
Old 17th November 2001, 14:27   #20
Aeroe
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Aeroe
even though i'd disagree on that islam preaches "peace,"
(i have hundreds of quranic and historical objections to that)

i will agree that withdrawing will solve nothing. just makes us appear as defeated and allow bin laden and his $250 million to be used for another attack.
we are being as careful as possible in removing a terrorist sponsoring government. the military regrets missing a couple targets but it's war.
liberals were the ones who spit in the faces of our servicemen after nam. i'll never hold much respect for the left and their agendas of utopia and peace by compromising with terrorists.

since not using force will stop them, please explain how we deter terrorism using flower power.
Aeroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2001, 14:44   #21
Assja

Send a message via ICQ to Assja
About Living in Fear

I saw a western-movie a while back..(I don't remember the name)
It was nighttime and the villans had gone to bed.
Suddenly they hear shots not so far away, and one of them gets a little upset. Then the leader of the pack tells him:
"Dont worry! You never hear the shot that kills you"

I think that's a good quote.

Ooops, Have to go!

1 2 3 4 5

This sentence is a lie!
Assja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2001, 15:09   #22
deathazre
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to deathazre Send a message via AIM to deathazre
war on terrorism

stop being stereotypical about us democrats. I'm a democrat and all I really care about is a .50 cal or 9mm round in bin Laden's head. Let other people solve their disputes, but mess with us and die.

and those of you that think we need to use more of our fighting ability, I give you this:
war is like antibiotics, you don't want to jump in with the best you have because soon they'll find a way around it.
deathazre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2001, 15:55   #23
Aeroe
Major Dude

i support conservatives, not always republicans.

there are many good conservative democrats i'll defend, but many things i typically don't like about the party and it's agendas.

nothing is more offensive to me are lefties that spit in the face of the men who died for them.
Old 17th November 2001, 16:49   #24
rm'
Banned

Aeroe, I completely agree with everything you said.

just to pick our one particular point, remember that even though "islam" is a literally corruption of the Arabic word "salaam", meaning peace, it's representative of "submission". Islamic scholars and theologians for ages have been defining the word "Islam" as "submission to the will of God".

And I hate all these hypocrites who are running around blaming the CIA and FBI for "failing" us. Who's been slashing their budget and severely limiting their operative powers for the last 20 years? And as for those people who want to federalize secutiry people, since when has federalization ever maed anything more efficient and effective? Just because their paycheque is coming from the government instead of private corporations, they are supposed to be better? In short, stop blaming Americans for the evils of the Arabic world.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2001, 17:15   #25
Bilbo Baggins

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeroe

nothing is more offensive to me are lefties that spit in the face of the men who died for them.
If in doubt, blame it on the left. What a crass statement.
Old 17th November 2001, 18:29   #26
Nabeel
Major Dude

aeroe and bilbo,
when i wrote 'bout ISLAM i thought i'd get something mature out off ppl here rather then statements 'bout something u know noething 'bout.

aeroe, i'd like you to tell me ONE Quranic Verse which imposes that Islam is against peace of nething like that.

RM , ISLAM is not a literary or literally corruption of the word 'salaam'. ISLAM is the name given to our religion. like jewism, christianity. ISLAM basically just names the religion, and it's meaning would be to bring into belief, that is how far my english goes, so i don't know if this is how i fully describe the meaning of the word.

one more thing that somehow my religion taught me wuz to never point at ANY other religion and say "that is wrong". i just have my believes, and i don't point and give my opinion on stuff that i do'nt know noting 'bout or stuff that i have only heard on the news about.
Old 17th November 2001, 18:35   #27
Nabeel
Major Dude

whoops ..
i meant aeroe and RM.
Old 17th November 2001, 19:15   #28
rm'
Banned

[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

ok, maybe this one is a little unfair, because it's talking about self-defense

[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

[3.28] Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

[4.101] And when you journey in the earth, there is no blame on you if you shorten the prayer, if you fear that those who disbelieve will cause you distress, surely the unbelievers are your open enemy.

[4.144] O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?

[25.52] So do not follow the unbelievers, and strive against them a mighty striving with it.
Old 17th November 2001, 20:25   #29
Aeroe
Major Dude

shouldn't have asked...

included the Sura chapter and verse for each:

And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out, for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter. 2:191

And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and let there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression. 2:193

Fighting is prescribed for you, and you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and that you love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not. 2:216

Let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of Allah, - whether he is slain or gets victory – soon shall We give him a reward of great value. 4:74

Of the Unbelievers:
"seize them and slay them wherever you find them: and in any case take no friends or helpers from their ranks." 4:89

Allah has granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit at home. 4:95

…"for the Unbelievers are open enemies to you." 4:101

Two entirely seperate views.
"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" Jesus.
Old 18th November 2001, 00:52   #30
Nabeel
Major Dude

RM and Aeroe:

i'd explain EVERY verse that you ppl have qouted up here, but for now i'll do only one, when i get back from college i'll do the rest.

in RM's post:
[4.144] O ye who believe! Choose not disbelievers for (your) friends in place of believers. Would ye give Allah a clear warrant against you ?

[NOTE]i'm not preaching ISLAM [/note]

RM if u'd have read the verses following and former to the verses you qouted:

[an-Nisa' 4:145] Lo! the hypocrites (will be) in the lowest deep of the Fire, and thou wilt find no helper for them;

[an-Nisa' 4:146] Save those who repent and amend and hold fast to Allah and make their religion pure for Allah (only). Those are with the believers. And Allah will bestow on the believers an immense reward.

disbelievers are not ONLY ppl who are NOT muslims. i believe you would prolly know what a hypocrite is ? in the last verse that i qouted, please read the definition of a believer.

AEROE's post:

u qouted 4:89 only partially, the full version:

4:89 They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks;-

i am sorry but i have to go now, but i will try and come back and clear this, and again i stress, ISLAM no where does put out peace. and if u just read what you qouted, those are punishments, again my english beats me here but i'm tryin to do the best i can.
Old 18th November 2001, 04:55   #31
rm'
Banned

A) Deriving a meaning of "unbeliever" from verses 145 and 146 is merely interpretive. One interpretation would be as you suggest. The more common one is that "unbeliever" is someone who does not obey Allah.

B) Even supposing your interpretation of "unbeliever" is the one the author of the Quran intended, you surely can't deny that the Quran is advocating violence against someone (in this case, it is telling believers to not associate with "the unbelievers"). Whether unbelievers are muslim or not is irrelevant. The Quran still asks for violence to be had.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions