Old 15th October 2003, 06:28   #1
ho-kia

Send a message via ICQ to ho-kia
Edit the SHoucast D.N.A.S Status

I would like to edit my shoutcast status page which normally can be accessed such as, http://65.110.37.160:17845 . I see my friend, he can edit it. because normal calor is black.... and it's to dark.

Any one have idea to edit ??? Because i search on my pc already the shoutcast status, and i couldn't find it.

Please someone help me
ho-kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 12:03   #2
Blind-Summit

Send a message via ICQ to Blind-Summit Send a message via AIM to Blind-Summit Send a message via Yahoo to Blind-Summit
Yup, you sure can.

I host the server my self and so I open up the GUI Server code and edit the HTML tags that are sent out along with the audio stream. Just search the code for #000000 which is the hex for the black background. I havn't tried this, but I have done exactly the same thing for the WWWinamp server as the generic black didn't quite look right on my while & pale blue scheme on my site!

Any questions post on my forum

http://www.blind-summit.co.uk/forum.html

Hope this helps / sends you in the right direction

Alex
Blind-Summit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 12:13   #3
ho-kia

How

Yehhhh... But i don't know hot to search it ??? I host my server ar my own pc. i try to search by using listen.pls in my pc, however... i can't find it!
Old 15th October 2003, 12:28   #4
djmastermind
Forum King

NOTE: Listen.pls does not actually exist on the computer (unless created). It simply tells the computer to connect in WinAmp instead of going to the DNAS status page.

-- Michael
djmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 12:33   #5
ho-kia

SO.. That's why....

Yes.. I know it. That's why i can't find dnas status page. Can anyone pls tell me how to find it ??? Which file do i need to find and edit so the dnas page can be edited.
Old 15th October 2003, 15:20   #6
jackherer
Major Dude

Erm Sorry i don't think that you can, without nhacking the exe file, which wouldn't be a good idea. If you want to have a customised status page write your own page using ASP or PHP and use the XML data from the server. There is a very good, free ASP class available from http://www.casterclub.com/scast_asp2xml.php . It is nice an simple and you should have no problem using it if you have even the most basic knowledge of ASP.

Do not PM me for tech support !
jackherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 15:38   #7
ho-kia

There is

I don't think there is no way. but we just don't know how to. can u see one example ... http://indoradio.sb5.org:8181 <--- this one they have modified some of the part and bg. and they are not using asp. That's wht i want to find out.
Old 15th October 2003, 15:50   #8
jackherer
Major Dude

I did not say it was impossible i just said i think you would have to hack the exe file. I.e. edit it with a hex editor and find the html that is the palylist page. I think that is what has been done on the station you link to. Beleive me i think it would be easyier and safer (hacking .exe files is not for the feint of heart) to just write an ASP page using the XML stats, after all that is what they are for.

Old 15th October 2003, 16:14   #9
ho-kia

Asp

So .. if we use asp .... can we make it open at our radio ip/host and port ?? such as http://indogaulz.servemp3.com:7777 . how do we make it ??? because i'm running the radio server at my own pc.
Old 15th October 2003, 16:52   #10
FesterHead
Alumni

Check out the Sticky post titled...
SHOUTcast: Important Info & Answers to FAQs. READ ME!

Scroll down a bit and look for the section titled...
General SHOUTcast Information -> SHOUTcast ToolBox (All sorts of nifty add-ons for SHOUTcast)

1. The PHP based XML parser is a complete solution and comes ready for you to customize.

2. The Javascript parser (actually ASP) is another complete solution and comes ready for you to customize.
Note: Apparently this link isn't working anymore.
Try this thread for other ASP options.

Also, for an html implementation, check out:
KXRM's RadioToolbox
Oddsock's Do Something DSP plugin

FesterHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 20:07   #11
Blind-Summit

Send a message via ICQ to Blind-Summit Send a message via AIM to Blind-Summit Send a message via Yahoo to Blind-Summit
yakedy schmakedy - hacking the code!! They give you the damn code so that ppl can customise it.

Here is the section of code in WWWinamp. Open up MAIN.C in a suitable editor (or tell me what settings u want and I will do the coding) and replace the following lines:

PHP Code:
      if (!isCE)
sock_printf(sock,"<BODY BGCOLOR=\"#FFFFFF\" TEXT=\"#808080\" LINK=\"#8AACDC\" ALINK=\"#8AACDC\" VLINK=\"#8AACDC\" background=\"http://www.blind-summit.co.uk/images/background.gif\" bgproperties=\"fixed\">"); 
I modified it to use FFFFFF instead of the black background
Old 15th October 2003, 21:02   #12
FesterHead
Alumni

WWWinamp != DNAS

FesterHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2003, 16:34   #13
jackherer
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind-Summit
yakedy schmakedy - hacking the code!! They give you the damn code so that ppl can customise it.

Here is the section of code in WWWinamp. Open up MAIN.C in a suitable editor (or tell me what settings u want and I will do the coding) and replace the following lines:

PHP Code:
      if (!isCE)
sock_printf(sock,"<BODY BGCOLOR=\"#FFFFFF\" TEXT=\"#808080\" LINK=\"#8AACDC\" ALINK=\"#8AACDC\" VLINK=\"#8AACDC\" background=\"http://www.blind-summit.co.uk/images/background.gif\" bgproperties=\"fixed\">"); 
I modified it to use FFFFFF instead of the black background
Erm thanks for the input blind-summit but as festerhead says i can't quite see what editing the source code for wwwinamp has got to do with changing the DNAS status page. Feel free to correct me if i am missing something.

Old 20th October 2003, 12:28   #14
Blind-Summit

You dummies. Doth the DNAS and WWWinamp send data out from the EXE file. modifying the WWWinamp steam and the DNAS stream is next to identical. Just open up the exe for either (my example was for WWWinamp) and look for the HTML code just search for #000000 as this creates the black background. It's the same in both programs.

Sorry I didn't make this clearer
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support