Old 24th September 2006, 16:43   #1
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
GTA: San Andreas, in need of usb controller profile

I bought GTA: SA for my PC (and have Hitman: Blood Money on the way), and since I cannot play games on a keyboard, I have a Logitech USB Dual Action game pad. And since I do not have the patience to attempt to program in half a blue million keyboard commands into the controller; does anyone have an exported profile for the controller set for use with San Andreas?

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2006, 00:07   #2
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
Looks as though you may have to bite the bullet and use the ol keyboard and mouse like I myself have done. Makes controling vehicles a bit more challenging but walking and dispatching a bit more easyer.

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 01:20   #3
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
I'm getting the hang of some of it with the keyboard, but I'd still rather play it with a controller. I love cheat codes, too. "fullclip" and "hesoyam" are fun. As are "buffmeup", "stinglikeabee" and "professionalskit".

Old 28th September 2006, 02:10   #4
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

I prefer a combination of mouse/keyboard while on foot, and a game pad (PS2 dualshock2 through a USB adaptor) while in vehicles.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 05:03   #5
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
use a keyboard emulator, it's what I did.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 19:01   #6
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Why would I need a keyboard emulator when my laptop has... a keyboard?

Old 30th September 2006, 23:01   #7
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

To emulate keyboard commands with a controller.

Quote:
Originally posted by Atmo
I prefer a combination of mouse/keyboard while on foot, and a game pad (PS2 dualshock2 through a USB adaptor) while in vehicles.
That has to be the best way to play. However, my weapon of choice would be an XBOX controller modded into a USB controller.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 23:52   #8
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Psythik
To emulate keyboard commands with a controller.

That has to be the best way to play. However, my weapon of choice would be an XBOX controller modded into a USB controller.
Ah. The Logitech controller I have has software with it does that, but San Andreas has so many damn commands, it's neigh pointless to use for it.

This is essentially what it looks like:

Old 1st October 2006, 02:12   #9
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
You can get pretty much all essential commands on the gamepad for average play. Remember that the driving controls and the walking controls will never be used simultaneously and for things like menu options, you'd probably want to use the mouse anyway. I mean, think about it--the sticks cover walking/driving and camera, and you have jump, enter car/building, fire, lock-on, yes/no, pause if you want it on the controller...the other commands aren't things you'll need more than once an hour (or week, in the instance of the trip-skip button.) Also, unless you plan on using the D-Pad for walking (you wouldn't want to) a decent keyboard emulator will let you put a button on each direction. That makes ten buttons, not counting those in the middle (since they might be things you wouldn't want to reassign, I don't recognize that controller in particular.

Mapping gamepads on a PC is an art I spent quite a few hours honing in games not natively supporting them. You realize eventually that the controller has pretty much all the options you need for anything (barring non-console genres like RTSs or MMORPGs) you want to do more than once a game in any given PC game.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 03:23   #10
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

This is the actual controller that I've got:

The software for it looks just the same.

The L1, L2, R1, and R2 buttons (or rather, their equivalent), are buttons I hardly ever used in any PS/PS2 game. Using them would actually take quite a bit of getting used to. And then there's remembering what button I assigned to do what. That's the most annoying part, just figuring out what button on the controller is more apt for x action in gameplay.

Old 1st October 2006, 04:41   #11
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
I use a Sony PSONE controller on my pc but its used exclusively for emulators. A purpose it serves quite well. I have yet to come across a PC game I would want to use a gamepad for.

EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 10:31   #12
adam007
Banned

GTA San Andreas

I play this game with normal controllers i never face any problem that,These USB controllers look so lovely i like to play with these.
adam007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 08:30   #13
adelina
Banned

I simply use keyboard controller while playing this game. when you will download this game all the keys and their purposes are mentioned there. Just go through once before starting and you will adopt it easily. Some essential keys are up and down arrow that you have to press it with shift to move the fighter left to back direction and vice versa.
adelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center