Old 10th June 2017, 00:29   #1
Dayta

Sams Broadcaster Pro (Statistic Relay)

Hello, I am having a problem getting the statistic relays in SAMS Pro to activate. It ask for the "Shoutcast Server Details - v1". I enter the host, port and password and continue to get this error message - "Error parsing xml document" What am I doing wrong? Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Dayta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 06:35   #2
keijo

Hello, Dayta.
What version of SAM Broadcaster are you using? I understand that versions dated before SC v2 can't handle v2 statistics. Although there's a workaround, your mileage may vary:

-- In the Statistic Relay settings, where it asks for your server address/host, port and password, enter your address/host and password as normal, but the port data should be "tweaked" as this:

8000/stats?sid=1

-- Change "8000" to your actual port number.
-- Change "1" to your current stream ID, or leave the 1 if it's the only stream available.

Once you’ve added the extra values to your port and stream, the statistics may start working. If not, click the "Force Update" icon a few times and hope for the best.

Regards,
Keijo!
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 16:58   #3
Dayta

Hey Keijo, Thx for replying. I'm using SAMS Pro 2017.5 . The shoutcast is v1. I changed the "SID" from 0 to 1 and that seemed to do the trick. Working fine now. Thanks again for replying.

Dayta
Dayta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 06:09   #4
keijo

I'm glad it worked fine with the "sid=1" trick.
What puzzles me is that SAM 2017 is kinda backwards intuitive when setting up relays; it should work right out of the box when pulling SC v1 relays: if configured correctly you shouldn't have to "hack" any SID to do the job.

Anyway, thumbs up for reporting back :-)

Regards,
Keijo!
keijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support