Old 28th August 2011, 21:49   #1
hiwebs

FreeBSD 8.1 Stable and "symbol table" error

I've been trying to get a shoutcast server running for a few days now but keep getting the same types of errors. The one I am not able to get passed is when launching the service.

./sc_serv sc_serv.conf and get this :

"/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: */Shoutcast/sc_serv: Shared object has no run-time symbol table"

Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?
hiwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 21:54   #2
DrO

never heard / seen that message before (though i've only ever run / built / tested the BSD version on PC-BSD 8.0-8.2).

what version and build number of the DNAS are you trying to use?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 22:00   #3
hiwebs

The newest version available on the download page. (not sure why my last reply isnt showing)

sc_serv2_bsd_8_x_07_31_2011.tar.gz
Old 28th August 2011, 22:18   #4
DrO

the forum filtered out due to you being a new member and posting a direct link (have removed it now as you made a newer post).

hmm, from a quick google, it's possibly an issue with the BSD install itself or one (or more) of the required libraries to run is not present. i've known of one other person using the v2 DNAS BSD compile and that just worked on their BSD install.

doing a search on things isn't really giving me much to go on other than most people experienced it with open-source packages and re-compiled it on their systems (which isn't viable in this case).

the best i can do is to try to setup a test FreeBSD 8.1 VM and see if that exhibits the issue. are you running any gui shells on the machine or is it just the plain console only version of FreeBSD? also what cpu version are you using as only a 32-bit version of the DNAS BSD compile is provided (i've never tried it on 64-bit BSD).

-daz
Old 28th August 2011, 22:27   #5
hiwebs

console shell, AMD64(no problems with other 32bit)

Tried all kinds of things that I found on google, and like you, haven't found anything worth a damn. I'm stuck with nowhere to go but icecast. Might be the elf interpreter but I'm about to start messing with the entire system. I setup an icecast to see if I would get the same issue and I have not.

Want to use Shoutcast though.
Old 28th August 2011, 22:52   #6
DrO

i wouldn't be surprised if it's from trying to run it on the 64-bit version. guess i'll have to try making a 64bit version for the BSD compile.

-daz
Old 28th August 2011, 22:54   #7
hiwebs

Don't worry about it. Did recompile with debug mode now everything runs fine.

Thanks for your help. XD
Old 29th August 2011, 08:12   #8
DrO

rightio, will move it down my list of things to check / sort out if you're able to run it now.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
freebsd, shoutcast, symbolt, table