Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th January 2019, 13:56   #29
fjhaynes

I installed WinAmp 5.8 to see if it would solve my freeze-up problem that started suddenly the other day with the old 5.66 version. It was good for a bit, but then did the same thing.

1) Has anybody else seen WinAmp freeze such that the ?

2) BIGGER PROBLEM: What magic incantation makes WinAmp stream online feeds again?

This is my primary use for WinAmp because it excels at playing Internet streams, but I just can't seem to convince it to play streams on any of these installation attempts. It has worked great for years until this upgrade.

I'm running Win7 for now, but will probably be installing Win10 on a new machine that I am building soon.

I tried installing 5.8 over top of the old 5.66 that started this whole mess. No change.
I uninstalled WinAmp and installed 5.8 with very limited options, still no change.
I uninstalled WinAmp AND preferences after backing up the directory, then installed 5.8 with the "full" selection and it still won't play Internet streams of any kind. It just skips right over them to the local sound files in the playlist.

Any suggestions? Is this a result of them removing a bunch of components to divorce them from AOL? Thanks in advance.
fjhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
.old, 3660, 5.8, install, plugins