Old 12th June 2003, 01:28   #1
FOOSLIN

Media Players (Incl. Winamp & Spinner) Freezing

Hello, this is not a problem which is not specific to Winamp but has as one of its symptoms Winamp program crashes. This issue is not MP3 related as Spinamp (streaming radio) freezes as well. I've fully uninstalled and reinstalled Winamp as well as the machine's audio drivers. It'll run for a while, then get into a spate of trouble and crash often. Don't know where else to look at this point.

Win 2K Pro - 128 MB Ram - SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio card - 866MHZ IBM PC.

BTW: Media players worked fine until new motherboard was installed. I'm quite certain the prob came from that but don't know how to troubleshoot. Some PCI cards were moved - no IRQ conflict listed for the audio drivers however.

Thanks for any thoughts on how to proceed to root out this little sticky devil.
FOOSLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2003, 04:28   #2
Sawg

The new motherboard has on-board sound? Did the old one to? Did you re-install the Operating System or just swap boards alone?

Try going into Device Manager and removing the entries for the old sound drivers. If you still have problems remove all sound device entries and reinstall the proper drivers.
Old 12th June 2003, 17:09   #3
FOOSLIN

More info...

Thanks for your consideration and response.

Cards were replaced on the new motherboard. No OS reinstall. Nothing physical changes except the network PCI card was moved, found as new hardware and had its drivers reinstalled. I have already tried different drivers for the cound card. Is there value in reinstalling and installing again as opposed to overinstalling? Any other ideas what this might be? We had relied on winamp for hours and hours of continuous use but can't now....

Thanks again.
FOOSLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support