Old 15th January 2008, 02:30   #1
Monkeyboyguy

Freezes up with Sansa e270

I'm running on a Dell Latitude D610 using windows XP she has a 1.6G processor and 505M Ram. When I connect my e270 Winamp 5.51 basic sees the device, but when I try to add music it freezes up. I have tried update using the links and the updates are not working. What is 21655 Update Pack and where can I find it? I have tried the 7Zip thing but I do not have ml_pmp.dll. Is this just with pro and if I buy it will beable to use my sansa?
Thanks, John
Monkeyboyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 10:09   #2
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
That update pack is old stuff now and not needed. If Winamp freezes when you connect a device then it is very likely that you have the plugins nesecary to connect portables in Winamp. I will mention that you need the Full installer to be able to install portable support (and the Media Library).

You should be able to see the plugins, if they are installed, in the plugin views towards the bottom of the prefs. You will need gen_ml, ml_pmp and then the correct pmp plugin for your portable which I think is pmp_p4s.

If you are really stuck them post a list of plugins, this link details how to do it.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2008, 15:11   #3
Monkeyboyguy

When you say the full installer, do you mean Pro? I do not want to purchase the thing yet for I do not know if it will work. As for the plugins, all I have that you mentioned is the gen_ml.dll. All I have are some sort of gen_... Where do I get the others you posted below?
Old 15th January 2008, 22:42   #4
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
No. Full. Does. Not. Equal. Pro. The full installer is the download available for free that includes all the plugins that Winamp uses for the features advertised. Often when people can't find the feature they are looking for, it is because they downloaded the lite installer (or unchecked the option in the installer).

The plugins I mentioned all come with Winamp Full,and are selected by default in the installer (everything is actually). Run the installer again and make sure that you check boxes for "Winamp Library", "Portable Media Player Support" and "Support for Microsoft's PlaysForSure". Start with this last one and then work up the tree to ensure that the boxes at least semi-checked. This semi-checked state means that only some of the sub-components will be installed.

If you have trouble see the following link for some nice images which show all pages of the installer. It has some descriptions which are for people who just always click next and then complain about what they get installed.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....76#post2265776

I would also like to apologise if I confuse you (or anyone else who reads this) by referring to the plugins by their filenames and not their names as reported in the installer or Winamp.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 15:03   #5
Monkeyboyguy

Thanks for the link; fortunately I am not that dumb so it was of no help. Still did not work, and I have found all the files you mentioned above. Looking online I see that I am not the only one having this issue.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion