Old 20th February 2017, 10:57   #1
The_Monastry

Use of streamadminpassword?

I'm running Shoutcast DNAS v2.5.1.723 on Debian Jessie x64.

I need some clarification regarding the use of the streamadminpassword in the configuration file. Let's say I have the following configuration file:

code:

# Admin settings
adminpassword=admin
password=source
requirestreamconfigs=1
maxuser=100
w3cenable=0
log=0
portbase=8000

# Stream settings
streampath_1=first
streampassword_1=streamsource
streamadminpassword_1=streamadmin

streampath_2=second
streampassword_2=testsource
streamadminpassword_2=testadmin

I want client 1 to be able to access settings for his own stream with password 'streamadmin' and client 2 to access settings for stream #2 with password 'testadmin'. This works, but client 1 can access the configuration of client 2 and vice versa. This should not be possible?

Both clients are also able to view the server configuration file from the webinterface (which contains the master admin password in clear text). What's the use of a separate streamadminpassword when each client is allowed access to the whole server?

Edit: I added some pictures as well.

Step 1: Login to the server with streamadminpassword

Step 2: Click 'view configuration file'

Step 3: ??

Step 4: Profit!

Last edited by The_Monastry; 20th February 2017 at 11:09. Reason: Added pictures
The_Monastry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 12:09   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

i think the *adminpass* has a global (server-wide) scope that allows server/stream config -- you wouldn't use it for a stream client - the streampass* is limited but it is designed to not allow config, but allow source connections, and some admin function to admin-configured streams.

login with the streampass* and see how much config control you get on the /admin pages.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 12:24   #3
The_Monastry

Thanks for the response; but trying to login on the /admin pages with the streampass ('streamsource' in the above example) does not work.
Old 20th February 2017, 12:59   #4
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

ok then see what happens if you don't set adminpassword -- just use different streamadmin* passwords -- stream 1 will still be the master, but 2,3,4... should not have access to the master stream info/global config --- that's my understanding of the docs on that issue.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 13:33   #5
The_Monastry

You hit the nail right on the head! It appears the streamadminpassword for the first stream is allowed to access the (global) server configuration, but the password for any subsequent streams is only allowed to access the configuration for that specific stream.

Where did you find that? I couldn't find this anywhere in the documentation (but it might just be me )
Old 20th February 2017, 17:48   #6
neralex
Major Dude

/docs/DNAS_Server.html#Stream_Configuration

Quote:
Important Note: If you do not specify an identifier (_#) on the end of the above options then it will be treated like _1 (effectively acting like a 1.x DNAS). As well, _0 is not a supported identifier and will be mapped to _1.
streamadminpassword_1=hackme
streamadminpassword_2=hackme
streamadminpassword_3=hackme

_1, _2, _3 = mountpoints of DNASv2
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 18:16   #7
FezzFest

Why does the behaviour of streamadminpassword_1 differ from streamadminpassword_2, streamadminpassword_3, etc?
FezzFest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support