Old 23rd April 2003, 00:43   #1
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
Wasabi Internet Relay Chat Client (wIRC)

ive been keeping things quiet lately. havnt really been speeking out at all about what i may or may not be working on. well, things are coming along. some of you tried builds of "Wasabi-IRC" back when i released some ghetto builds in what, december? i cant remember how longs its been. ever since then tho, this thing was more of an idea than anything else while i worked on RM-X.

well, guess what? 2 weeks ago, i shifted from RM-X over to "Wasabi-IRC." since then, its been non-stop work on it. and thru-out this time, it evolved the name wIRC.

attached is a screen shot of the build from today. :) enjoy. this thing is coming along nicely. tho, sadly enough, no build that im willing to give out yet. maybe in a week or two? i need to implement a configuration GUI first.

so, i will finish up this post now with the current wIRC "Wahtz Newz" text file. all thoughts, suggestions, anything at all, are very much welcome.

Quote:
--- 4/22/2003 ---
- finished work on re-writing primary string parser. :D see below for whats new
- added ctrl+k to instert COLOR code - format: ctrl+k{0-15(color){,0-15(background)}}
- added ctrl+b to insert BOLD code
- added ctrl+u to insert UNDERLINE code
- added option in menu to enable/disable the display of text formatting
- added IrcChannel.setFormatting()
- added IrcChannel.getFormatting()
- added IrcChannel.onSetFormatting()

--- 4/21/2003 ---
- added /AWAY {message} command. (set away message, or no message for return)
- added /NAMES {channe} command. (displays list of users in a given channel)
- started re-writing one of the primary string parsers. you will see why soon. :)

- correctly parse and display in the status window the following numbered returns
305, 306, 353, 366

--- 4/19/2003 ---
- updated a lil more the QUIT message. NOW its displaying correctly. :)
- user status stuff seems to be fully working now.
- fixed typo with IrcChannel.getUserStatus()
- added IrcChannel.isUserOwner()
- added IrcChannel.isUserOp()
- added IrcChannel.isUserHalfop()
- added IrcChannel.isUserVoice()

- correctly parse and display in the status window the following numbered returns
408, 415, 437, 476, 477, 484, 485

--- 4/18/2003 ---
- fixed problem where nick changed ran onUserPart() and onUserJoin() in scripts
- added ChannelObject.onUserNickChange(String newNick, String oldNick);
- added /CONNECT {server{:port}} command. (connects to specified or default server)
- added /SERVER {server{:port}} command. (same as /CONNECT)
- made message display correctly when a user has QUIT from a channel
- made message display correctly when a user has PART from a channel
- changed ChannelObject.onNewTopic() to ChannelObject.onTopicChanged()
- added oldTopic param to ChannelObject.onTopicChanged()
- removed IrcObject.PRIVMSG()
- renamed IrcObject to IrcServer
- renamed ChannelObject to IrcChannel
- added IrcServer.getNickname()
- added IrcServer.getServer()
- added IrcServer.getServerPort()
- fixed multi-threading bug with joining channels
- made display of PING messages optional
- fixed some glithes with PING messages
- formatted text for PING messages
- fixed glitch where /NAMES would incorrectly add names to a channel
- fixed a glitch where /PART {channelname} wouldnt work
- started working on user mode support. still a bit glitchy tho. :(

353, 366

--- 4/17/2003 ---
- made ACTION work. glitched with yesterdays changes.
- updated example script with ACTION on joining channel.
- channels auto-generate log files now. check out WasabiIRC\Wacs\Logs
- changed ChannelObject.appendMessage() to ChannelObject.echo()
- updated example script to use echo() instead of appendMessage()
- changed ChannelObject.onNewUser() to ChannelObject.onUserJoin()
- updated example script to use onUesrJoin() instead of onNewUser
- added ChannelObject.notice()
- added "Raw IRC" config attrib to help debug and decode IRC messages
- made some minor cosmetic changes that improved speed a bit
- added /AME command. (send a ACTION to all open channels)
- added /AMSG command. (send a MESSAGE to all open channels)
- added /ANOTICE command. (send a NOTICE to all open channels)
- added /CLEARALL command. (clears all channel log windows)
- added /CLEARALLS command. (clears all channel log windows, and status window)
- added /CLEARSTATUS command. (clears the status log)
- added /DISCONNECT comamnd. (disconnects from current server)
- added /EXIT command. (exits wIRC completly)
- added /PARTALL command. (PARTs all currently open channels)
- added /RAW command. (sends RAW IRC data to the current server)
- added /SAY command. (sends specified message to channel)
- fixed problems when attempting to send a message in the status window
- added /RUN command. (launches an application on the computer, or a web page)
- added /ECHO command. (appends text to channel log without send it to the server)
- added /AECHO command. (ECHOs on all open channel windows, but not status window)
- added /AECHOS command. (ECHOs on all open channel windows, and status window)
- made reply from /TIME format correctly
- added /ECHOS command. (ECHOs message in the status window)

401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 409, 411, 412, 413, 414, 421, 423, 424, 431, 432, 433, 436, 442, 444, 445, 446, 451, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 467, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 481, 482, 483, 491, 501, 502
Attached Images
File Type: png irc4.png (47.4 KB, 522 views)

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 23rd April 2003, 00:50   #2
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
I think the "send" button isn't really needed, pressing the Enter key should suffice and is more logical to use since afteryou're done writing a sentence, you won't leave the keyboard, pick the mouse and click a "Send" button...

Old 23rd April 2003, 03:24   #3
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
Quote:
Originally posted by nant
I think the "send" button isn't really needed, pressing the Enter key should suffice and is more logical to use since afteryou're done writing a sentence, you won't leave the keyboard, pick the mouse and click a "Send" button...
ehh..? oh well. the "Send" button stays. i, personally, like to see it.

as for more logical to press "enter"? yes, this is true. but, then you have to realize, there is more than one logic.

when i went through cumstomer service training on some M$ products, they teach that having multiple ways to do things is a GOOD thing. the example used was ctrl+b, vs right-click then bold, vs "B" in the toolbar, vs selecting it from one of the menus at the top. why does M$ have multiple ways to do the same thing? because different people are different.

ive learned this well, and try to apply it the best i can in all of my applications.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 23rd April 2003, 04:44   #4
SOOPRcow

Send a message via AIM to SOOPRcow
Just add an option to hide the 'send' button.

David Serrano :: Winamp5 Skining Guru
Old 23rd April 2003, 04:46   #5
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by SOOPRcow
Just add an option to hide the 'send' button.

actually, my plan was to move the entire interface out into skin XML files... at that point, you could remove it yourself.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 23rd April 2003, 07:15   #6
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
If this would be an ICQ-like program, then there Would be a 2nd logic for having the button, this is isn't the case... But - as you wish.

Old 23rd April 2003, 07:26   #7
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by nant
If this would be an ICQ-like program, then there Would be a 2nd logic for having the button, this is isn't the case... But - as you wish.
well, thats your logic then. you wanna know mine? well, prob not. lol. but anyway, i like it cause i copy-paste ALOT of things in chat, and i use the MOUSE for that. therefor, switching back to the KEYBOARD takes aprox 300ms that i really cant spare.

but yea, as i stated before, once i move the user interface over to the skin itself instead of it all hard-coded together, then you can just mod the skin.

soooo... is there any OTHER comments besides the "send" button? is that the worst anyone can come up with?

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 23rd April 2003, 11:17   #8
nothin2g

Location: Zeil, wo der Wein wächst und gesoffen wird wie Wasser ;) Ohweeeehhhh... Posts: overflowed
there's already a irc client called wIRC (http://wircirc.cjb.net/) and me and a friend are developing one too, it was called wirc too, until we realised the first wIRC. i hope you understand what i mean *G*
Old 23rd April 2003, 14:55   #9
SOOPRcow

Send a message via AIM to SOOPRcow
The program is called Wasabi Interent Relay Chat, wIRC is just a nickname its users gave it

David Serrano :: Winamp5 Skining Guru
Old 23rd April 2003, 17:52   #10
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

the temptation to write a real-time l33t-sp34k translator for this thing is irresistable

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 23rd April 2003, 19:09   #11
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by will
the temptation to write a real-time l33t-sp34k translator for this thing is irresistable
yea, that would be neato, but isnt possible yet. i havnt implemented changing of the text on the fly yet via scripts, nor does incoming and outgoing text adhear to locals. but eventually, it will.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 24th April 2003, 02:42   #12
sanosuke
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by will
hey that sounds cool...maybe u can have a check box beside it to chose if u wish to speak in l337 or not.

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
Old 24th April 2003, 03:00   #13
m0e
This Space For Rent
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to m0e Send a message via AIM to m0e Send a message via Yahoo to m0e
It would be a big plus for those of us that do not speak leet.
Old 24th April 2003, 03:23   #14
sanosuke
Major Dude

actually l337 speak is just to annoy the ppl on irc..

anyway darkain would u be able to connect to any irc server using this component?

Old 24th April 2003, 11:37   #15
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkain
yea, that would be neato, but isnt possible yet. i havnt implemented changing of the text on the fly yet via scripts, nor does incoming and outgoing text adhear to locals. but eventually, it will.
i recon it should be implemented like this:
String IrcChannel.onTextSend(string input) {
return strlower(input);
}

(if you wanted to make all text submitted lowercase, for example)
while i'm at it, a similar function for altering (and removing too, so i could ignore 'now playing' scripts!) incoming text would be cool too.

sanosuke: that'd be the point.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 25th April 2003, 15:22   #16
CiViC

Send a message via ICQ to CiViC Send a message via AIM to CiViC
Now this component seems worth the wasabi code base. Now if only more people were like you and coded useful apps for winamp the world would be a happier place... GOOD JOB!
Old 25th April 2003, 19:40   #17
Darkain
Major Dude

http://darkain.skin-zone.net/Download/WasabiIRC.rar

there.... its a build. not the greatest thing in the world, but it does connect to a server and chat. still alot more work has to be done.

consider this build as "Beta1"... and for those of you that know my numbering schemes, i usually like to go a full 8 betas before the first RC. so yea, this is still early development.

the most obvious thind i need to work on is adding a scroll bar to the text window, DCC, and more right-click menus. anything else outside of these, go ahead and comment on.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 25th April 2003, 19:55   #18
m0e
This Space For Rent
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to m0e Send a message via AIM to m0e Send a message via Yahoo to m0e
The website says "(requires b493 installed)". Does this refer to WA3 build 493? If so can I use the other IRC client download on the site. I have no dev builds anymore.
Old 25th April 2003, 20:06   #19
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by m0e
The website says "(requires b493 installed)". Does this refer to WA3 build 493? If so can I use the other IRC client download on the site. I have no dev builds anymore.
the specific link that i gave was a build from today, and it is 100% stand-alone. what is on the site is info from the build back in december. i know the site is old, thats why i directly linked the file on here. the link on the site is old n krappy. i never actually update the site. (if anyone wants to take the site over and update it for me, your more than welcome to )

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 25th April 2003, 20:10   #20
m0e
This Space For Rent
(Major Dude)

That's okay, I just like to check things out before I download, viruscan, and then install them on my computer.
Old 26th April 2003, 04:27   #21
sanosuke
Major Dude

is it possiable to run it off winamp3?? if so which files to copy over to winamp3 or wasabi directories?

Old 26th April 2003, 04:29   #22
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by sanosuke
is it possiable to run it off winamp3?? if so which files to copy over to winamp3 or wasabi directories?
just copy the full contents of the WACs folder, including sub-folders over completly... other then that, it should work just fine. there is even a thinger icon already.

just as a side note tho, i think itll only work on b498, and MAYBE b497... i dont think it works at all with b488.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 27th April 2003, 00:11   #23
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

darkain, little feature request, but I think you already have thought of it yourself..
and there's no hurry at all, I just wanted to mention it (and get e-mail notification for this thread)

I'd like a Channel-setting wnd when you doubleclick the chat area or by menu..

The Channel settings wnd would then contain every option you could think of for that specific channel..
It would also be pretty cool to be able to add stuff to that wnd with addons..

Just an idea

-Plague
Old 27th April 2003, 00:20   #24
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Plague
darkain, little feature request, but I think you already have thought of it yourself..
and there's no hurry at all, I just wanted to mention it (and get e-mail notification for this thread)

I'd like a Channel-setting wnd when you doubleclick the chat area or by menu..

The Channel settings wnd would then contain every option you could think of for that specific channel..
It would also be pretty cool to be able to add stuff to that wnd with addons..

Just an idea

-Plague
you mean things like the channel topic, ban list, channel keys, and other things like that? yea, thought of it. get to it a bit later.

just in case anyone was wondering... in the build i posted the other day, alot of functionality was disabled. most /COMMANDs didnt work. i forgot to re-enable them when moving around a ton of code. ill try to get another build posted (beta 1.5 or somethin) today or tomorrow. it will also have a number of bug fixes with closing channels and the app and having it crash.

well, i guess this would be the easiest thing to do...

Quote:
--- 4/26/2003 ---
- re-wrote most of the TCP code for optimization and cleanliness
- got a bunch more stuff on DCC Chat working. (hopefully get DCC File working soon too)

--- 4/25/2003 ---
- Disabled support for ScriptObjects for now, so that people dont go and try and break things.
- BUG! (0x0001) topic display isnt working at all.
- CRASH! (0x0002) right-click - close on a floating window
- BUG! (0x0003) private message windows dont float at all
- FIXED! (0x0002) deregistering channel classes in impropper order
- FIXED! (0x0001) topic function was changed to show both current and prev topic, but still calling old one
- BUG! (0x0004) most /COMMANDs are disabled on accident in a code move
- started working on DCC Chat.

--- 4/24/2003 ---
- finished up moving tons and tons of code around.
- WARNING!! all script objects are broken at this point, they will probably be updated tomorrow
- created Private Message window. !!!
- added "CLOSE" to right click menu on the button bar at the top

--- 4/23/2003 ---
- added ctrl+i for italics
- added basic preferences page
- by default, prefs page is displayed on load
- added option to not display prefs page on load
- worked on CTCP replies
- added /CTCP {user type message} command
- working on completly changing around the way most of the source code and objects are handled
- started seperating IrcObject into two seperate objects

--- 4/22/2003 ---
- finished work on re-writing primary string parser. see below for whats new
- added ctrl+k to instert COLOR code - format: ctrl+k{0-15(color){,0-15(background)}}
- added ctrl+b to insert BOLD code
- added ctrl+u to insert UNDERLINE code
- added option in menu to enable/disable the display of text formatting
- added IrcChannel.setFormatting()
- added IrcChannel.getFormatting()
- added IrcChannel.onSetFormatting()
- made Time Stamps option save to XNF file. (setting is per-channel)
- made Text Formatting option save to XNF file. (setting is per-channel)

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 28th April 2003, 19:59   #25
Electronic Punk

Send a message via ICQ to Electronic Punk Send a message via AIM to Electronic Punk Send a message via Yahoo to Electronic Punk
So will this actually require winamp3 to be installed or is it a standalone application written using wasabi ?
Old 28th April 2003, 20:39   #26
Darkain
Major Dude

a quote from 7 posts up on this thread:

Quote:
the specific link that i gave was a build from today, and it is 100% stand-alone.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 28th April 2003, 23:19   #27
Electronic Punk

Send a message via ICQ to Electronic Punk Send a message via AIM to Electronic Punk Send a message via Yahoo to Electronic Punk
Groovy.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion