Old 18th July 2011, 12:32   #1
DrO

SHOUTcast DNAS 2 RC (Build 27) 07/18/2011

Presenting the latest Release Candidate drop of the SHOUTcast DNAS server for broadcasters, developers and testers. This build is our latest GM release candidate and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous BETA builds.

This Release Candidate release is now available for the following platforms:
  • Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions) (Windows 2000 and up)
  • Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
  • Linux
  • Linux 64-bit
  • Mac OS X (Intel)
  • BSD 8.x

Downloads

You can download the updated version of the DNAS v2 from the direct downloads for the operating system version you require:
Changes

Build 27 (07/18/2011):
  • Added ability to create, update and remove authhashes via the administrator summary page (accessed from admin.cgi?sid=0)
  • Added reporting of per-stream and total server listener counts on admin.cgi or admin.cgi?sid=0
  • Added 'streamw3clog' option for per-stream logging with fallback to 'w3clog' if not specified
  • Added 'faviconfile' and 'faviconmimetype' to allow for a local icon / image file to be served as the favicon.ico for the server webpages
  • Added 'robotstxtfile' to allow for a local robots.txt to be served as the robots.txt for the server
  • Added supporting features for in-stream artwork (related to March 2011 protocol changes) with online verions viewable via 'admin.cgi?mode=art&sid=#' for admins to check (see documentation for usage)
  • Added /stats?sid=# to allow easier access to the stream information (this mirrors admin.cgi?sid=#mode=viewxml&page=1) and is the effective replacement of 7.html
  • Added 'hidestats' to allow disabling of the new /stats?sid=# mode (see documentation for usage)
  • Added 'admin.cgi?mode=rotate' and SIGHUP support to rotate 'logfile', 'w3clog' and 'streamw3clog' whilst sc_serv is running (see documentation for usage)
  • Added ability to restart a kicked relay source via the administration pages
  • Added 'relayconnectretries' to control how many times a relay attempts to reconnect to the specified source before it is failed
  • Added a 5 second refresh delay when 'admin.cgi?mode=reload' is used and results in changes to source connections / relays unlikely to be displayed immediately
  • Added back clickable link support for IRC stream entries on the administration pages only if the IRC stream entry begins with irc://
  • Added UNIQUELISTENERS to admin.cgi?mode=viewxml to complement REPORTEDLISTENERS (as the server status pages display)
  • Added STREAMPATH to admin.cgi?mode=viewxml for pages 0, 1 and 6 to show the 'streampath' of the specified stream configuration otherwise will output /stream/<sid>/
  • Changed the ban action for connected clients on the administation pages to also kick the client connection used for the ban action
  • Changed accessing stream and root urls (i.e. http://ip:Port or http://ip:Port/stream/1) in a browser to show the html pages (index.html) instead of providing the stream (replicates v1 DNAS behaviour)
  • Changed the /listen* handling to improve auto-filling of the server IP in the generated playlist files
  • Changed the /listen* handling to attempt to provide a title much like the YP generated playlist files instead of just an address
  • Changed the delimiter in file paths read from the configuration file to be converted to the correct format for the OS being used
  • Changed the admin.cgi?mode=viewxml action to return a slimmer xml response compared to prior builds (to save more bandwidth)
  • Changed the rotate action to reset the 1 day delay until the next automatic rotation if a rotate is manually run
  • Changed how the SHOUTcast Directory metadata puller / tester is handled in client statistics to no longer skew listener totals
  • Changed how the version of the DNAS is reported to make it more like the v1 DNAS as well as fixing it not being reported in some error response
  • Removed REPORTEDLISTENERS from admin.cgi?mode=viewxml for pages 0 and 1 as it duplicated the CURRENTLISTENERS entry
  • Removed POINTER from admin.cgi?mode=viewxml for page 3 as it duplicated the UID entry
  • Removed direct support for specifying 'relayport' and 'relayserver' (though if found then they are mapped to streamrelayurl against streamid=1 and will be removed if using configrewrite=1)
  • Fixed 'autodumpsourcetime' and 'streamautodumpsourcetime' not being applied correctly especially if either were set to 0
  • Fixed usage of 'streampath' in the listen playlists generated to ensure the formed playlist entry will work where possible for client connections
  • Fixed connection issues with YP directory listings when no 'streampath' is specifed (now ensures /stream/<sid>/ is set as the path so connections will be made against the correct stream)
  • Fixed some client connection issues when 'streampath' has been specifed (could lead to sid=1 being played even if the streampath_2 was attempted)
  • Fixed non-english title compatibility with v1 sources i.e. titles with accented characters, was leading to title issues (also affected legacy DNAS builds)
  • Fixed some specific stream configuration issues with not all values being correctly mapped to the expected stream configuration
  • Fixed 'admin.cgi?mode=viewlog' to escape the log file contents correctly so appears correctly in the html output
  • Fixed issues with 'admin.cgi?mode=reload' where it could cause a lockup (non-Windows versions), caused incorrect removal of a configuration groups, source password changes not always applied, relays not being updated or started in all cases
  • Fixed logfile not being correctly set if no config file is passed but a selection is then made from the list shown
  • Fixed kicking and banning not working in some cases
  • Fixed issues handling invalid stream id values on source counnection attempts
  • Fixed crash when attempting to use configuration groups where 'streamrelayurl' contains an url
  • Fixed incorrect loading of some v1 DNAS boolean based configiruation options
  • Fixed 'allowrelay=0' from preventing connection attempts to be made to the YP directory when there is no relay
  • Fixed crash when changing a stream's authhash and then doing a configuration reload
  • Fixed 'include' not working with some relative file paths e.g. include=sc_serv_debug.conf when include=.\sc_serv_debug.conf worked
  • Fixed listen.m3u not always providing a valid stream url especially when using 'streampath'
  • Fixed 'configrewrite' to no longer write some old / invalid configuration options when enabled
  • Other miscellaneous code changes, crash fixes, improvments and related documentation updates

Getting Started

If you already have a running instance of the DNAS v2 then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.

If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in 'docs\getting_started.txt' along with the example configuration files provided in this new version which should make it easier to get started. Alternatively you should consider looking at the configuration builder which is included in the 'config_builder' folder.

Finally, all copies of the documentation can also be found online at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster

Reporting Issues

If you do come across an issue with the DNAS v2, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.

Posts relating to authhash management issues will be ignored as this is not the thread for posting such issues.

Known Issues

The following are known issues with the v2 DNAS raised in previous releases but not currently fixed / fully confirmed as needing to be fixed (i.e. intended behaviour):
  • If the external IP is bound to a different device than the primary on the machine then the server will not work as expected (e.g. eth1 instead of eth0)
  • Listing a relayed stream when using the YP2 mode is known to not work and will return a 474 error code from the attempt to connect to the YP. Setting the server as non-public or using the v2 DNAS in legacy mode (yp2=0) will allow the stream to be listed but means you lose all of the YP2 features. This requires a YP update which is planned to happen soon after this release.
  • Some characters in titles (usually below ascii value 32) will cause the DNAS to drop the source connection as the title is processed. This will not be changed in the DNAS and will instead require sources to ensure they send titles without invalid titles. The Transcoder and Source DSP will be receiving these updates soon.

Additional Information

Windows versions of the DNAS v2 are built with a dependency against the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. If sc_serv is unable to start due to a dependency issue then you will need to install the correct version of the package so it can run which depends on the version of sc_serv you are attempting to run:

32-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...d-3802b2af5fc2
64-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...4-157cfdffee4e

Discussion about the previous version of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads
-daz
Old 18th July 2011, 12:34   #2
DrO

For those not wanting to read through the hefty changelog, this release has a large number of fixes, additions and overall improvements over the prior v2 DNAS releases which should resolve most of the issues reported and make certain behaviours more like the v1 DNAS to simplify migrating to a v2 setup especially for some of the additional tools people have been using).

Most important of all the changes is the ability to create your own authhash via the administration pages. More information on how this can be done can be found in the wiki -> http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ash_Management

There are still some issues with the v2 platform (e.g. relaying, random disconnects, unable to update now playing information in the listings) which should be resolved with an upcoming YP update which from the lucky few testing things has made the v2 DNAS stable in usage. This YP update will be done soon.

Finally a thank you to Spacial who have been running the v2 DNAS in production for a while now (which this build a continuation off) and also to the numerous kind people who've put up with testing out development builds of the DNAS to help fix / improve it since the last release.

-daz
Old 18th July 2011, 18:40   #3
SugarD-x

Send a message via ICQ to SugarD-x Send a message via AIM to SugarD-x Send a message via MSN to SugarD-x Send a message via Yahoo to SugarD-x Send a message via Skype™ to SugarD-x
Throwing another known issue in there, the configs reference ban and rip files, (which are enabled in the basic config), that the installer doesn't create, which has been an issue for a very long time

Solution: Create them yourself!

Old 18th July 2011, 18:44   #4
DrO

SugarD-x: there's no reason for the installer to try to create those files as the DNAS will do that itself only if there is a reason to save any IP's for the files. the configs specify what the file will be if / when it is needed and pre-creating an empty file for no real reason seems a bit silly.

-daz
Old 18th July 2011, 18:49   #5
SugarD-x

Send a message via ICQ to SugarD-x Send a message via AIM to SugarD-x Send a message via MSN to SugarD-x Send a message via Yahoo to SugarD-x Send a message via Skype™ to SugarD-x
Well I've never seen the DNAS create it itself, and it's enabled in the config. Don't quote me on this, but if I remember correctly, it will complain when you run it that no ban or rip files are found.

Old 18th July 2011, 18:54   #6
DrO

it should be creating them only if you add an IP via the RIP / BAN admin pages - which is how it is doing it from a quick test. i can't remember which build it was that it was changed to not complain about no files being there - most likely was build 19 with the other fixes to the handling of those files.

so are you saying that it's never creating ban / rip files if correctly specified against a valid file path in the config file? if so then you'll need to pm me a copy of your config file so i can try it all out with your settings.

-daz
Old 18th July 2011, 18:57   #7
SugarD-x

Well this was with the default configs, but shouldn't it create them when running the program rather than when adding to them via the config panel? If you removed the warning though, then forget I said anything

Old 18th July 2011, 19:04   #8
DrO

i think you might be confusing me (not hard at the moment).

those files are only created (if not already present) if an IP is banned / reserved via the admin pages. if that is not done then there won't be any files created as there's nothing to save out i.e. unless you've told the DNAS to ban / reserve an IP as it can't automagically know such things.

so am i looking at a bug report here, or just a non-issue with something that is working as expected?

-daz
Old 18th July 2011, 19:05   #9
SugarD-x

Non-issue. I figured it was still using an old method, but you clarified it

Old 18th July 2011, 19:10   #10
DrO

rightio, had to make sure if it's a new bug or not.

-daz
Old 18th July 2011, 22:26   #11
lyov

Hello DrO,

Thanks for a RC, all my problems connected utf-8 resolved
Old 18th July 2011, 22:33   #12
DrO

lyov: yay! sorry it's taken a lot longer than i'd have liked to get the issues sorted out but at least it's done now

-daz
Old 19th July 2011, 13:55   #13
lyov

Hello DrO,
and one more thing about xml, when track have cover /admin.cgi?sid=1&mode=viewxml&page=5 xml is corrupted.

Old 19th July 2011, 14:01   #14
DrO

displaying of APIC data in the metadata xml has always done that (since it's not correctly encoded in a way that most xml viewers like it).

however APIC in the metadata tag is no longer supported as part of the metadata specifications (was changed in March) and so requires use of a compatible source (though i've a feeling you're holding off on using the newer sc_trans until the issues with build 48 are resolved).

so is basically a non-issue and really APIC should never have been placed in the metadata as it just doesn't work well in xml (hence the change in the metadata specifications).

-daz
Old 19th July 2011, 22:13   #15
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i'll be excited to try this out, unfortunately i don't have full access to the webcasts ATM, but will soon enough. seeing this stuff continue to develop is good.

question: why can't the DNAS be in a gui like presentation the way v1 was? i really liked how i could bring up the config txt file, make edits, and save it via the gui DNAS.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 20th July 2011, 09:04   #16
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
"Kick"ing listeners isn't working.

SHOUTcast Server v2.0.0.27/posix(linux x86)
Old 20th July 2011, 12:11   #17
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
why can't the DNAS be in a gui like presentation the way v1 was? i really liked how i could bring up the config txt file, make edits, and save it via the gui DNAS.
because that's how it was designed to be from the start rather than having something which is just specific to one of the supported OSes i.e. it's consistent no matter what platform is being used (hence some of the work in this release to make it possible to move configs from one platform to another potentially without having to change any folder paths).

i've toyed with making a Windows GUI for it (though only when i've had a bit of freetime so it's not progressed very far), but there's alternative GUI's available which should be able to work with the v2 DNAS (probably with a bit of tweaking).

though really how often does the config need to be edited and with a lot of options being able to be updated on the fly (something the v1 DNAS never allowed for), plus it was only opening notepad (or possibly the associated ini file editor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
"Kick"ing listeners isn't working.
i can't remember if someone else said about that during the dev phase of this release (unless it was kicking a source) but i'm not able to get it to fail to kick a listener. i'm wondering if this might be a combination of the buffer size and also the client being used e.g. VLC will get dropped but it then re-connects pretty quickly which makes it seem like it's still playing. i see the same for Winamp being set to repeat a track.

-daz
Old 20th July 2011, 16:30   #18
thinktink
Forum King

All I did was refresh the linux binary after extracting it from the latest tar ball package. Kicking wasn't working before and I was hoping it was fixed this time. It's not getting kicked then reconnecting according to Winamp. I tried to kick myself listening with Winamp but it just did not work. I could hear no interruption in the stream. Sanitized config file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: conf sc_serv.conf (1.2 KB, 466 views)
Old 20th July 2011, 16:41   #19
couch-potato

I can confirm, kicking a listener is not possible.
regards
tom

##.:: www.lounge-radio.com ::.##
Old 20th July 2011, 16:43   #20
DrO

thinktink: and there's definitely no 'kicking' entry in the DNAS log?

couch-potato: using what OS version?

-daz
Old 20th July 2011, 16:49   #21
couch-potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post

couch-potato: using what OS version?

-daz
I'm Using Linux, Debian 6 (Squeeze 32bit)

Old 20th July 2011, 17:12   #22
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
thinktink: and there's definitely no 'kicking' entry in the DNAS log?
I can ban which even causes my DNAS monitor to go ape-shit and the ban shows up in the log but no mentions of any kick to my listening client in my log:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log
2011-07-20 09:03:27 E msg:[SRC 192.168.X.XXX:3334] Remote socket closed while waiting for data
2011-07-20 09:03:27 E msg:[DST 192.168.X.XXX:3282] Timeout waiting to send data (1311177807 1311177765[42] )
2011-07-20 09:03:27 E msg:[SRC 192.168.X.XXX:3338] Remote socket closed while waiting for data
2011-07-20 09:03:57 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX/255 (0)] Added to ban list
2011-07-20 09:03:57 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:03:57 E msg:[DST 192.168.X.XXX:3397] Socket error while waiting to send data. err=Broken pipe(32)
2011-07-20 09:03:57 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:02 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:03 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:03 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:04 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:04 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:05 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:06 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:07 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:07 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:08 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:08 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:09 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:10 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:10 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:11 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:11 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:12 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:12 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:14 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:14 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:16 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:20 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-07-20 09:04:21 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:25 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:29 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:32 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-07-20 09:04:33 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:37 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:41 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:43 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-07-20 09:04:45 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:46 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-07-20 09:04:46 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:49 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:49 E msg:[DST 192.168.X.XXX:3490] Socket error while waiting to send data. err=Broken pipe(32)
2011-07-20 09:04:53 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:55 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:55 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:04:57 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:01 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:05 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:09 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:13 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:21 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:25 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:29 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:33 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:37 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:38 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-07-20 09:05:39 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-07-20 09:05:41 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
2011-07-20 09:05:45 I msg:[192.168.X.XXX] IP in ban list. Disconnecting
Those "IP in ban list" messages are a reaction to my (banned) DNAS monitor I believe.

[EDIT /][SIDENOTE /]
It seems the forums are having a problem with attachments. A huge problem.

Last edited by thinktink; 20th July 2011 at 17:15. Reason: grammar
Old 20th July 2011, 17:23   #23
DrO

i wish you lot would stop breaking things. that looks correct for a banning if the same IP is trying to connect again - may see if something can be done to lessen the number of messages i.e. if it'll only appear once for that IP within a minute or something like that. oh well something else to add to the bugs i've working on today (who needs sleep anyway...).

Quote:
It seems the forums are having a problem with attachments. A huge problem.
it depends on which forum server you hit - can take a few goes to get it working. yes it's annoying but it's known about, just no one has been allocated the time to look into fixing the issue.

-daz
Old 20th July 2011, 17:27   #24
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
i wish you lot would stop breaking things.
My name is Mr. Destruct-O. I will cause sleepless nights. FEAR ME!
Old 20th July 2011, 17:34   #25
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
because that's how it was designed to be from the start rather than having something which is just specific to one of the supported OSes i.e. it's consistent no matter what platform is being used (hence some of the work in this release to make it possible to move configs from one platform to another potentially without having to change any folder paths).

i've toyed with making a Windows GUI for it (though only when i've had a bit of freetime so it's not progressed very far), but there's alternative GUI's available which should be able to work with the v2 DNAS (probably with a bit of tweaking).

though really how often does the config need to be edited and with a lot of options being able to be updated on the fly (something the v1 DNAS never allowed for), plus it was only opening notepad (or possibly the associated ini file editor).
i agree with what you are saying, and being cross platform is important, but all i can say is that i was more comfortable with the v1 look and feel. i felt like i could interact with it. it seemed more intuitive.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 20th July 2011, 17:49   #26
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
but all i can say is that i was more comfortable with the v1 look and feel. i felt like i could interact with it. it seemed more intuitive.
that's what keeps being said by Windows users when going from v1 to v2. i can see if you're not used to the command line some things not being as nice i.e. you don't have to specify the config file to use with the v1 GUI.

maybe having that extra layer around things is useful though once the DNAS is running then all of the information the gui provided is in the generated web pages, though as i've now just been working with the command-line versions for an age (it seems), maybe i'm out of touch with things.

maybe at some point i'll at least finish off a wrapper for the Windows version, otherwise there are others around like the one from buzzbuzzu - though i'm not too keen on that one personally - i think it's that it looks too mac like for a pc).

-daz
Old 20th July 2011, 18:19   #27
couch-potato

"tail logfile" vs. "view logfile"

I dont know if this is a feature or a bug.
in V1 "tail logfile" and "view logfile" had a different behavior. I just checked V2 and for me the two view behave the same - like "view logfile". "tail logfile" does not work as expected here on my 32bit linux debian 6 squeeze.
maybe on other OS's this works correct. can some one confirm this ?
cheers
tom

Old 20th July 2011, 18:27   #28
DrO

tailing should still be working i.e. keeps adding to the view of the log as long as there's information coming through and the connection to the page doesn't fail.

from a quick test on my Windows version (as i'm trying to reproduce / debug the other issues), that behaved as expected and how it's been working since prior to my taking over development of the tools.

-daz
Old 21st July 2011, 12:25   #29
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
All I did was refresh the linux binary after extracting it from the latest tar ball package. Kicking wasn't working before and I was hoping it was fixed this time. It's not getting kicked then reconnecting according to Winamp. I tried to kick myself listening with Winamp but it just did not work. I could hear no interruption in the stream. Sanitized config file attached.
thanks for the config file. am able to reproduce the issue on linux using the provided config file, though not when running it on Windows so trying to debug that quickly to see what is causing that to fail.

[edit]
hmm, now it's not doing just after i posted this
and now it's happening again. that's bizarre +1

[edit 2]
found what's causing it to fail though takes a few kicks for it to surface, just need to change some of the kick handling and will then pm a test build to try out...

-daz
Old 21st July 2011, 19:39   #30
DrO

thinktink's confirmed my fix works so that's one thing on the changelog for the next release (and as a sneak peak, the other i've got done is directly providing a listen.asx for streams to go along with the pls and m3u support ).

-daz
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:09   #31
aMUSiC

Regarding this change:

Quote:
Changed accessing stream and root urls (i.e. http://ip:Port or http://ip:Port/stream/1) in a browser to show the html pages (index.html) instead of providing the stream (replicates v1 DNAS behaviour)
I replaced the previous version with the latest one, using the same configuration files. I have two endpoints. endpoint 1 is / and endpoint 2 is /mobile. (Both of these stream out of port 80).

I fired sc_serv up and it went online without problems. Then i fired sc_trans (the previous version, not the latest one as the latest one refuses to work stubbornly) which connected fine to sc_serv.

However when I tried to connect to the stream through Winamp on the root level (http://server_address/ as well as http://server_address:80/) I kept getting an error that winamp was unable to sync to the stream. When I tried to connect to /stream/1 though it started streaming fine.

I suspect that when winamp connects to the root of the server, the server tries to feed it with html data, but I cannot vouch for that as I couldn't see the output.

The DNAs and transcoder are running on a 64bit ubuntu machine.
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:38   #32
DrO

aMUSiC: having streampath just as / is not supported due to it being used for redirecting to the summary page.

Taken from the docs here
Quote:
If this is not specified or is specified as just a forward slash i.e. / then http://<serverurl>/stream/<streamid>/ will be used for client access and in generated playlist entries so that it will always be possible for clients to connect to the server somehow. See section 6.0 for more information on the server's stream address support.
so you are correct in that Winamp is getting html data.

basically the best option is to access the /listen.* option as appropriate when trying to play the streams. this change with not allowing / to work as a stream was the best compromise for fixing the summary page behaviour to be v1 like and to ensure that a valid path is provided for clients.

-daz
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:40   #33
Wavestreaming
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Wavestreaming Send a message via Yahoo to Wavestreaming
Hi There,

Now the v2 DNAS is in RC we're keen to begin rolling it out to our clients over the next couple of months. To begin with, optionally and eventually move everyone across.

Just tried the hidestats flag and it doesn't seem to have any effect? I know this is a feature that a lot of people have always wanted.

Also, the Mac OSX Lion update which has bought an updated version of Safari appears to have broken support for SHOUTcast MP3 streams using HTML5 and Flash. However, we've tested and Icecast still works. Perhaps the initial headers that can be sent to the listener could be modified to overcome this issue?

SHOUTcast Headers (Worked in previous version 4 Safari using HTML5):
--
ICY 200 OK
icy-notice1:<BR>This stream requires <a href="http://www.winamp.com/">Winamp</a$
icy-notice2:SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/posix(linux x86) v2.0.0.$
icy-name:Testing
icy-genre:Misc
icy-url:http://www.shoutcast.com
content-type:audio/mpeg
icy-pub:0
icy-br:128

Icecast Headers (Work in HTML5 using the new Safari):
--
Content-Type: audio/mpeg
icy-br:128
ice-audio-info: bitrate=128;samplerate=44100
icy-description:XX
icy-genre:Misc
icy-name:XX
icy-pub:1
icy-url:XX
Server: Icecast 2.3.2
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Length: 221183499
Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:48   #34
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavestreaming View Post
Just tried the hidestats flag and it doesn't seem to have any effect?
i've just checked against the Windows version (will try on the linux version in a bit) and having hidestats=1 in the config file and attempting to access http://127.0.0.1:8000/stats?sid=1 redirects back to the DNAS summary page (as it's meant to when someone tries to access an invalid / blocked page). is it not doing that or doing something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavestreaming View Post
Also, the Mac OSX Lion update which has bought an updated version of Safari appears to have broken support for SHOUTcast MP3 streams using HTML5 and Flash. However, we've tested and Icecast still works. Perhaps the initial headers that can be sent to the listener could be modified to overcome this issue?
that sounds more like a bug with Safari especially if it was working ok beforehand. though why there's a $ on the end of the lines from the DNAS response is a bit weird...

-daz
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:49   #35
aMUSiC

Quote:
basically the best option is to access the /listen.* option as appropriate when trying to play the streams. this change with not allowing / to work as a stream was the best compromise for fixing the summary page behaviour to be v1 like and to ensure that a valid path is provided for clients.

-daz
May I suggest then that in the next version you include a flag in the configuration file that can cause DNAs to revert to the old behaviour? This is crippling setups that have relied on / being a valid listening endpoint. For instance if you have submitted your tuning in address to various sites and services (like iTunes radio) you'll end up going through hell and back till everything points to the right path, not to mention people who have bookmarked your stream.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:02   #36
DrO

aMUSiC: there's too many config options in the DNAS as it already is without adding another one (which everyone moans about as is that 2 new options need to be added to configs). the v1 DNAS allowed it due to some lame checks to filter out client vs browser requests which i really don't want to move into the v2 DNAS. and as it only ever provided a single stream then it wasn't an issue. now we're in a multi-stream setup, some things do need to be changed and i think not having / as an endpoint is safer all round (though i'm probably wrong on that assumption).

i do see where you're coming from but i'm really not keen on having to go through and change things (again) so i'll think about it but i wouldn't expect anything to change soon.

-daz
Old 25th July 2011, 14:39   #37
DrO

aMUSiC: streampath=/ will be supported again in the next build. will say that i'm not keen on what i've had to add in to support it but i suppose following more of the v1 DNAS style of things should make migrating easier which is better for getting more people to upgrade.

-daz
Old 25th July 2011, 17:04   #38
DrO

Build 28 released and available via http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=332841 which seems to be missing beta or rc in the title...

-daz
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions