Old 11th February 2014, 16:26   #1
Meow meow

My radio is not listed on shoutcast station on android app

Hi, i am a newbie. i have just started broadcasting live. My station is listed on the shoutcast website. But when i try to search for my station on winamp android app it did not show my station. And i would like to know how to make my station play at the shoutcast website itself instead of downloading pls file.
Meow meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2014, 16:35   #2
DrO

sounds like you've setup an AAC stream which in most cases will not be shown in the results WAFA obtains and will also typically cause a pls download to be generated instead of playing (as the site player doesn't work with AAC streams).

the only obvious option is to create an MP3 based stream which will then be playable on the site and WAFA will be able to find it.

however, as Winamp and SHOUTcast were recently sold, there is likely to be changes to the site shortly which may mean you're trying to fix something that will be fixed with a new site or it may not (i don't know what's going to happen with things).

so is really something you need to decide if you want to switch to just MP3 or provide MP3 and AAC streams and the balance between bandwidth usage vs audio quality (as AAC is typically better than MP3 at the same bitrate).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2014, 16:46   #3
Meow meow

Thanks, i guess what you told is correct. i have setup an aac stream. Any idea when will winamp new website will be fully up. I want to buy the winamp pro so that i can start streaming in mp3.

Much obliged DrO
Meow meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support